An electrical panel that failed sparked an intense fire that left a house on Gordon Road uninhabitable for a family of three on May 16.
The family members had left the house at 15 Gordon Road several hours before the blaze began at around 3 p.m., neighbors said. No injuries were reported in the blaze.
The fire originated in the panel and spread from the basement to first floor, Assistant Fire Chief Scott Jackson said Monday.
“It physically burned through the first floor and melted two windows,” Jackson said.