An electrical panel that failed sparked an intense fire that left a house on Gordon Road uninhabitable for a family of three on May 16. The family members had left the house at 15 Gordon Road several hours before the blaze began at around 3 p.m., neighbors said. No injuries were reported in the blaze.
After going an impressive 10-1 in its first 11 games in the 2017 season, many folks were doubtless thinking that the defending Division I girls’ lacrosse squad from Pinkerton Academy was on the fast track toward successfully defending its crown. But that line of thinking may just have changed recently as the Lady Astros did
After suffering a loss to the Spaulding High Red Raiders of Rochester in Derry last week, the Pinkerton Academy baseball squad bagged victories both on the road and at home and pushed its 2017 record to 12-4 by weeks end. The Astros, who stomped into this week having won seven of their previous eight games